I am pleased to announce that we will be welcoming a new horseman to the Canonical Community Team. His name is is Nicholas Skaggs, he is based in Florida (as well as Jorge and Michael), and he will be joining in January 2012 as our QA Community Coordinator.
Nicholas will be growing our QA community and his focus in his first few months will be on assessing the on-ramp for participating in QA in Ubuntu, and growing a comprehensive community of testers and triagers. He will have a particular focus on manual testing and a regular cadence of testing throughout the release cycle. I am excited to welcome him aboard the team!
When Nicholas joins, the team will look like this and their primary responsibilities:
- Daniel Holbach – coordinating and growing Ubuntu developers.
- Jorge Castro – growing the Juju and cloud communities and encouraging the development of charms.
- David Planella – growing our app developer community, as well as coordinating our translators community.
- Michael Hall – working with upstreams, and a particular focus on helping Canonical upstreams to have a great community relationship.
- Nicholas Skaggs – growing our QA community, with a particular focus on manual testing and triage.
- Me – I manage the team and work with Canonical and community stakeholders to develop strategy around where we focus community resources and growth.
You can read more about the team from this earlier blog entry and feel free to ask your questions in the comments.
Give Nicholas a warm welcome, folks! 🙂