Recently I signed ClusterHQ as a client. If you are unfamiliar with them, they provide a neat technology for managing data as part of the overall lifecycle of an application. You can learn more about them here.
I will be consulting with Cluster to help them (a) build their community strategy, (b) find a great candidate as Senior Developer Evanglist, and (c) help to mentor that person in their role to be successful.
If you are looking for a new career, this could be a good opportunity. ClusterHQ are doing some interesting work, and if this role is a good fit for you, I will also be there to help you work within a crisply defined strategy and be successful in the execution. Think of it as having a friend on the inside. 🙂
You can learn more in the job description, but you should have these skills:
- You are a deep full-stack cloud technologist. You have a track record of building distributed applications end-to-end.
- You either have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or are self-motivated and self-taught such that you don’t need one.
- You are passionate about containers, data management, and building stateful applications in modern clusters.
- You have a history of leadership and service in developer and DevOps communities, and you have a passion for making applications work.
- You have expertise in lifecycle management of data.
- You understand how developers and IT organizations consume cloud technologies, and are able to influence enterprise technology adoption outcomes based on that understanding.
- You have great technical writing skills demonstrated via documentation, blog posts and other written work.
- You are a social butterfly. You like meeting new people on and offline.
- You are a great public speaker and are sought after for your expertise and presentation style.
- You don’t mind charging your laptop and phone in airport lounges so are willing and eager to travel anywhere our developer communities live, and stay productive and professional on the road.
- You like your weekend and evening time to focus on your outside-of-work passions, but don’t mind working irregular hours and weekends occasionally (as the job demands) to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
ClusterHQ are primarily looking for help with:
- Creating high-quality technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific stateful container management technologies.
- Spreading the word about container data services by speaking and sharing your expertise at relevant user groups and conferences.
- Evangelizing stateful container management and ClusterHQ technologies to the Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesosphere communities, as well as to DevOPs/IT organizations chartered with operational management of stateful containers.
- Promoting the needs of developers and users to the ClusterHQ product & engineering team, so that we build the right products in the right way.
- Supporting developers building containerized applications wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
Pretty neat opportunity.
If you are interested in this role, there are few options for next steps:
- You can apply directly by clicking here.
- Alternatively, if I know you, I would invite you to confidentially share your interest in this role by filling in my form here. This way I can get a good sense of who is interested and also recommend people I personally know and can vouch for. I will then reach out to those of you who this seems to be a good potential fit for and play a supporting role in brokering the conversation.
By the way, there are going to be a number of these kinds of opportunities shared here on my blog. So, be sure to subscribe to my posts if you want to keep up to date with the latest opportunities.