Announcing the Community Access Bootcamp

Announcing the Community Access Bootcamp

Today I am excited to announce a new program I am launching called the Community Access Bootcamp. As I have talked about extensively, I firmly believe that communities are going to continue to be a growing force in businesses, charities, campaigns, and beyond. The...
It Ain’t All About Sign-Ups, Strangers Are People Too

It Ain’t All About Sign-Ups, Strangers Are People Too

When I am working with clients with community management, one of the first things I want to understand is how they, not me, define success. What metrics are they tracking? One of the common metrics for success in communities is people who register, sign up, or...
New Piece on Community as a Competitive Advantage For Harvard Business Review

An Example Of Open Source Community Engagement Done Well

Open source community can be a tricky business, but today I want to share a quick example of the kind of open source community engagement I try to encourage more generally, and with clients. This one comes from a client of mine, Zeppelin, who builds tools for...
Open Source Won’t Save A Subpar Product

Open Source Won’t Save A Subpar Product

Bonus points for those of you who can guess where the main image for this post is from. One of the interesting elements of working with a range of different companies is being able to better understand the dynamics that influence how well a community will succeed or...