Kubuntu fans, today (yes, today!) a demonstration of Kubuntu love is going to be happening on
#kubuntu-devel on Freenode. See this page for more details and the schedule, but a quick summary:
- 15:00 UTC – 16:00 UTC – Get programming with PyKDE 4 – jriddell – Scared by C++? Quite right too. Learn how to code graphical apps in an hour with PyKDE 4.
- 16:00 UTC – 16:30 UTC – kubuntu bug triage – txwikinger – Not a coder but want to help? We show you how to make good quality bug reports and triage existing ones.
- 16:30 UTC – 17:00 UTC – branch your svn with bzr – jriddell – How to commit your changes when you don’t have an account? How to work experimentally on some code? Distributed revision control is the way forward and bzr is the simplest yet most fully featured system there is.
- 17:00 UTC – 18:00 UTC – Packaging 101 – jpatrick – How to turn some code into a .deb, one of the best ways of getting into distro development or for getting your code out there.
- 18:00 UTC – 19:00 UTC – Get your work into Kubuntu: PPA, REVU, how to pass New queue – dholbach – Now you know how to make a .deb, get it into the archives for millions to use.
- 19:00 UTC onwards – Kubuntu and KDE Q&A – nixternal, jcastro – Want to know how to get into Kubuntu development? Want to ask why we love KDE so much? The Kubuntu developers are here to answer any question you have.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in Kubuntu development and Ubuntu/Kubuntu packaging. As ever, you can get started with packaging by moseying on over to the MOTU Getting Started page.
Feel the KDE and Kubuntu love. 🙂