Some of you may have seen the news of our very first Ubuntu Accomplishments release. Thank-you to everyone for testing the system; the feedback has been wonderful so far. 🙂
The power of the Ubuntu Accomplishments system is dependant on the range of accomplishments available to our users; a comprehensive range of accomplishments that span the full Ubuntu community will make the system an exciting and empowering resource. As such, I would like to put out a call to encourage you lovely people to contribute some accomplishments
Fortunately all you need to know is a little Python to contribute here.
How to Participate
This is how you can help:
- First, ensure you are running the new release. Find out how to install it by clicking here.
- Now familiarise yourself with our guidelines for what makes a great accomplishment (we are looking to avoid the ‘X number of SOMETHING achieved‘ accomplishments as they can be gamed and abused easily. We are instead looking for accomplishments for new experiences and skills such as ‘First Translation Made‘ or ‘First Contribution to the Ubuntu Sponsorship Queue‘. We have lots of ideas available on this page for inspiration!
- Now read the tutorial and create your accomplishment (thanks to Rafal Cieslak for his excellent work on the tutorial).
- With your accomplishment ready, submit it to the project and we will review it: details of how to do this are in the tutorial.
Importantly, while this blog post is seeking contributions for the Ubuntu Community collection of accomplishments, if you want to create a collection of accomplishments for your community or project (e.g. your software project, distro, local user group etc), you can use the same tutorial and resources to get started! Let us know if you have any questions!
If you have questions, you can get help in a few places:
- Join the mailing list – we have an active email discussion list and you are welcome to join and post questions.
- IRC Channel – we have the
#ubuntu-accomplishmentschannel on the freenode IRC network.
Thanks so much for your contributions!