Last week I was interviewed by the wonderful Eric Wright for the GC On-Demand Podcast.
Over the years I have participated in various interviews, and this was a particularly fun, meaty, and meaningful discussion. I think this could be worth a listen, particularly if you are interested in community growth, but also leadership and facing and traversing challenges.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- How I got into this business.
- What great communities look like and how to build them.
- How to keep communities personal, particularly when dealing with scale.
- Managing the expectations of different parts of an organization.
- My 1/10/100 rule for mentoring and growing your community.
- How to evolve and grow the skills of your community members and teams in a productive way.
- My experiences working at Canonical, GitHub and XPRIZE.
- Increasing retention and participation in a community.
- Building effective leadership and leading by example.
- Balancing open source consumption and contribution.
- My recommended reading list.
- Lots of fun anecdotes and stories.
So, go and grab a cup of coffee, and use the handy player below to listen to the show:
You can also find the show here.