So, Elon Musk has purchased Twitter.
I don’t really want to get into the politics of whether this is a good or bad thing (other people are already debating this), but it got me thinking about what needs fixing in Twitter.
There is little doubt that Twitter has a number of challenges facing it with bad behavior, trolling, misinformation, and more…and much of these problems stem from a broken incentive model.
So, I decided to put together a video with five practical recommendations of what I would focus on if I was in Elon’s position to deliver practical improvements to how Twitter works.
I cover solutions including:
- Building a better incentive model that focuses on reading, content, collaboration, and more.
- Integrating citations into Community Notes to provide clarity around news-related topics.
- While people can pay $8 to be verified…provide a pathway to earn verification at no cost (especially important for low-income users, students, etc.)
- Creating better features for content creators (and raising visibility of content based on key metrics.)
- Opening up how the Twitter algorithm works.
Check it out: ?