If you have been around open source and security, you will have likely heard of Mårten Mickos.
Previously CEO of MySQL (which sold to Sun for $1billion), then leading Eucalyptus Systems, and now CEO of HackerOne, Mårten is one of the most accomplished leaders in technology. He been a consistent fixture, not just because of his success, but also his tonality and approach.
I was thrilled to bring Mårten on Conversations With Bacon to explore his career, approach, and how he is enable a more scalable, “hackered powered” approach to security.
In this show we get into a broad range of topics, including:
- How he got involved in entrepreneurship and built is sea legs.
- How he wrestled with early challenges and failures in is career.
- How to strike the right balance of power and influence when joining a new company as CEO.
- What “hacker powered security” is, how it works, and how it is changing the industry.
- How HackerOne has approached changing the cultural norms of security.
- How HackerOne approached the US government to engage in community-driven security and deliver over 12,000 vulnerabilities.
- The public perception of hackers and what it means today.
- What motives and drives hackers.
If you are interested in technology, entrepreneurship, or security, there is plenty in here to dig your teeth into.
Communities are changing the way we do business. Discover a concrete framework for building powerful, productive communities and integrating them into your business. My new book, ‘People Powered: How communities can supercharge your business, brand, and teams’, is out now, available in Audible, Hardcover, and Kindle formats. Be sure to check it out, and grab the People Powered Plus pack with free templates, bonus content, and over $2000 of special offers.