Work/Life Balance. How is yours? Good? Decent? Middling?
Let’s be honest, most of us suck at it. Well, David Finkel doesn’t.
David is a Wall Street Journal bestselling author of 11 books and CEO of Maui Mastermind. His new book, The Freedom Formula: How to Succeed in Business Without Sacrificing Your Family, Health, or Life is all about striking this Work/Life balance right, and I thought he would be a great guest to come onto the podcast.
Oh, and he was. I love guests like David, who take an insightful approach to their work, but based on a foundation of honest, frank work. My BS radar didn’t go off at all with this one.
In this episode of Conversations With Bacon, we get into a range of areas, including:
- Why working longer and harder doesn’t pay off (and what actually does)
- Why the 80-20 principle doesn’t go far enough (and how to take it to its most productive extreme)
- How to operationalize the work/life balance
- How to escape the “time and effort” economy
- How to structure the day and week to reclaim five or more hours each week in usable blocks
- What strategies to utilize to recover time and attention from distractions
There is a lot in this for all of you. Definitely give it a listen. Enjoy!
By the way, communities are changing the way we do business. Discover a concrete framework for building powerful, productive communities and integrating them into your business. My new book, ‘People Powered: How communities can supercharge your business, brand, and teams’, is out now, available in Audible, Hardcover, and Kindle formats. Be sure to check it out!
Thanks to my friends at Nerdzoom for editing the show!