In recent years, there has been an explosion in digital marketing. Bold claims of making thousands of dollars a day have been perpetuated by self-proclaimed marketing gurus. It all seems a bit much to my cynical British eye.
This is why I was thrilled to have Mike Dillard come on Conversations With Bacon. Mike has spent years in the trenches running a number of businesses, and when I went on his podcast a little while back, he was a refreshing change from the usual marketing gurus.
In this show we dig into a broad swathe of topics including:
- The importance of data and how to track it to get better results
- The role of copy and how to be a better copywriter
- Email marketing: is it still relevant in a world with too much email?
- Tai Lopez, his approach, and if it works
- The role of logic and emotion in purchasing products and services
- Brand marketing, familiarity, and trust
If you are interesting in marketing, or work in marketing today, you should definitely check out this conversation.
Communities are changing the way we do business. Discover a concrete framework for building powerful, productive communities and integrating them into your business. My new book, ‘People Powered: How communities can supercharge your business, brand, and teams’, is out now, available in Audible, Hardcover, and Kindle formats. Be sure to check it out, and grab the People Powered Plus pack with free templates, bonus content, and over $2000 of special offers.
Thank you to Marius Quabeck and NerdZoom Media for mixing the show!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download