I first discovered Allan Dib when I read his book, ‘The One Page Marketing Plan‘. It was refreshing: there weren’t the glitzy, sensationalist, unrealistic techniques that some of the marketing gurus use – it was simple, effective, practical advice.
As such, I knew I wanted to have Allan come on Conversations With Bacon, and I was thrilled when he agreed to it.
Unsurprisingly, we get into a frank, realistic, focused discussion and cut through much of the nonsense ravaging the marketing world.
- Allan’s IT background and how he got into marketing.
- His struggles with learning marketing, and how he conquered them.
- The role of data in marketing and how you can learn from it.
- His views on sensationalist marketing gurus and their techniques.
- The risks of short term vs. long term gains.
- The cultural impact of Allan’s Australian heritage on his approach.
- The role of copywriting in great marketing.
- …and much more…
If you are interested in marketing, definitely check out this show!
Communities are changing the way we do business. Discover a concrete framework for building powerful, productive communities and integrating them into your business. My new book, ‘People Powered: How communities can supercharge your business, brand, and teams’, is out now, available in Audible, Hardcover, and Kindle formats.
As usual, thank you to the fantastic Marius Quabeck and NerdZoom Media for mixing the show!